Calne Williams Medal Presentations (BTS Congress 2023)
Varuna Aluvihare’s reflections on the Calne Williams Medal Presentations at The British Transplantation Society Annual Congress 2023 in Edinburgh.
Presentations explored within reflections include:
- Racial disparities in outcomes after liver transplantation in the United Kingdom: a registry analysis – Balaji Mahendran
- Outcomes of liver re-transplantation from donation after circulatory death livers using normothermic regional perfusion – Rohit Gaurav
- Waiting for a liver transplant: Should waiting time count? – Manoj Thillai
- Donor liver blood tests do not predict liver transplant outcomes – UK Registry Cohort Study – Samuel Tingle
- Normothermic machine preservation of large DBD liver grafts is associated with early allograft dysfunction – Angus Hann
- Infection incidence and antibiotic pharmacokinetics during ex situ normothermic machine perfusion of deceased donor livers –Muhammad Saeed Qureshi
We hope that you found the content valuable. To ensure that we continue to provide topics and content of interest, we would very much value your feedback by completing a short questionnaire.
Dr Varuna Aluvihare
Consultant Transplant Hepatologist and Hepatology Transplant Lead