Chiesi Limited is an international, family owned pharmaceutical company, committed to helping patients make their lives better and to this end, it continuously strives to innovate and improve its products, taking both clinical and sustainability into full consideration.
Examples of our ongoing projects towards a more sustainable future include:
- Pledging to become carbon neutral by 2035, by offsetting all greenhouse gas emissions generated by Chiesi – well ahead of the UK national target of 2050
- Committing €350 million over a five-year period to the development of low global warming potential innovations to treat respiratory diseases
- Partnering with a Manchester based company, Dsposal, supported by Innovate UK, to investigate alternative sustainable solutions to the plastic components of inhalers
- Installing new technology at our manufacturing sites that aim to capture and reuse leaked propellant, which will reduce the carbon footprint from the manufacturing process
- Launch of a 12-month pilot recycling scheme in the Leicestershire area in January 2021 to enable inhaler users to safely and effectively recycle their empty or expired inhalers through the post
In recognition of our commitment to sustainability, Chiesi is proud to have been recognised as a certified B Corp®, a business that strives to meet the highest social, legal and environmental standards to balance purpose and profit. B Corp® organisations are legally required to consider the impact of their decisions on their patients, community, employees, suppliers and the environment.